< Go back to all Bid Oswestry articles
Oswestry business alert – Local restrictions support grants now available
Further funding is now available to help support eligible Oswestry businesses that are required to closed, following the Nov 5 lockdown, it is called Local Restrictions Support Grants, or LRSG.
In order to be eligible for a grant payment under the LRSG scheme, a business must:
- Be registered as the business rates payer to Shropshire Council, for a property entered on the non-domestic rating list on 4 November 2020
- Must have been open and providing in-person services to customers from their business premises, then mandated to close as a result of regulations made under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No 4) Regs 2020
- Have been forced to close due to national lock down restrictions, had their first full day of closure on or after the 5 November 2020
- Fall under one of the following business categories:
- Non-essential retail
- Leisure/community venue
- Sports facilities
- Personal care
For more information on LRSG, click here.
To apply for the LRSG grant, here is the online application process.
* Our thanks to Shropshire Council for providing detailed information.