< Go back to all Bid Oswestry articles
Oswestry ShopWatch launched by Oswestry BID
OSWESTRY SHOPWATCH launched by Oswestry BID, based on the successful PubWatch model.
Oswestry ShopWatch works in partnership with local businesses and law enforcement to reduce retail crime in the town. It is facilitated by the online Disc system.
All retailers, trade counters and interested organisations, are invited to take part.
* Oswestry ShopWatch is free-of-charge to BID levy payers, and there are a number of benefits to you joining the scheme detailed below:
- Free access to the ShopWatch DISC app (available by phone or PC).
- The Police and CCTV Controller also have access to our DISC system and attend our ShopWatch meetings.
- Posters/window stickers to promote see that you are a member of this scheme.
- Meetings are held every 6 weeks (currently via Zoom), these meetings are a great place to share information and have been really useful recently by inviting members from Shropshire Council Public Health to give updates on COVID guidelines, our current position on stats., the grant systems etc.,
- If there are any other thoughts or ideas that can help to improve Oswestry for retail/trade counter businesses and their customers this is a good place to bring those ideas forward.