Multi award-winning pub, The Bailey Head, is situated on Bailey Head (market square) in Oswestry specialising in great real ales and craft beers from microbreweries. They don’t sell any mainstream draught beers.
With an extensive Gin Menu and a growing range of malt whiskies, there’s something to match your tastes.
The Bailey Head makes simple platters of Shropshire and Welsh Cheeses and Antipasti, locally made pork pies and scotch eggs and Ploughman’s Lunches, sourcing as many ingredients locally as possible.
It is a friendly pub, working with the local community and community groups.
Whether it is a “stitch and bitch” group, or a local club or society, many enjoy The Bailey Head as a meeting venue. So, just ask for and area to be reserved.
Dogs are very welcome, just ask for a water bowl. And there’s always doggy snacks available.
In addition, there are live music nights, concentrating on roots, blues and the more esoteric.
- Multi award winning pub offering Takeaway and Delivery during COVID-19.
- Real Ale, Craft Beer, Cocktails, Spirits.
- Society of Independent Brewers UK’s Best Independent Craft Beer Bar or Pub – Rural Winner 2020, Finalist 2018
- Shrewsbury & West Shropshire CAMRA Market Towns Pub of the Year Winner 2020, Winner 2019, Winner 2018, Winner 2017
- Shrewsbury & West Shropshire CAMRA Pub of the Year Runner up 2020, Runner up 2019, Winner 2018, Runner up 2017
- Shropshire CAMRA Pub of the Year Runner up 2018
- Marches CAMRA (Shropshire and Herefordshire) Third place 2018
- CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2020, 2019, 2018